At Meadley Massage, I specialise in sports massage, but I also provide a full-range of remedial massage, from therapeutic deep tissue to full-body relaxation massage, each treatment is specifically tailored to meet your body’s needs at the time.
Sports massage should be considered an integral part of any training regimen. When used as a pre-event warm-up, sports massage can increase circulation and flexibility by warming up the muscle tissue and reduce pre-competition muscle or mental tension. When used as a post-event treatment, sports massage assists in every part of the recovery phase, from relaxing the muscles to reducing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and encouraging recovery of damaged tissues.
- Increased coordination
- Decreased pain
- Decreased neuromuscular activity
Our daily habitual postures and repetitive movements inflict stress on the body, causing pain and limiting the range of motion of our body parts. My specialised remedial massage is a fully integrated approach to massage therapy which assesses both postural and soft-tissue dysfunction and addresses the specific issues and pain in your body. Using deep-tissue techniques, such as myofascial and trigger-point release, remedial massage treats a broad spectrum of musculoskeletal issues.
This massage is excellent for faster healing of injuries, chronic pain management, rehabilitation and prevention of injury.
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- General and Muscle relaxation
- Better cell nutrition
- Normalisation and greater elasticity of tissues
- Deactivation of trigger points
- Relief from soreness and stiffness
- Better flexibility
A gentle, full-body approach to massage therapy which incorporates long strokes, combined with kneading, compression, tapping, and passive stretching to release tension in both mind and body and to promote ultimate relaxation. This massage also increases circulation and lowers blood pressure.
Getting a Swedish massage is the perfect opportunity to give yourself an hour (or more) to just let go. This massage also makes a perfect gift for someone who has never experienced bodywork.
- Increase in circulation without increasing heart load
- stretches the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable
- stimulates the skin and nervous system
- soothes the nerves
- reduces stress (emotional and physical)
- recommended in a regular program for stress management
- has many specific medical uses